Are you aware that about 80% of the wrinkles that show on your skin are generated by cumulative exposure to the sun? It has been proven repeatedly that the sun can speed up the aging process.
People who are frequently working outdoors like lifeguards or engineers are very likely to the premature formation of wrinkles and facial lines than those who work indoors including office personnel or sales representatives.
The sun tends to damage the surface layers of the skin. But this does not necessarily mean that UV radiation is totally bad for you. Your skin requires a limited amount of UVR in order to produce Vitamin D. This vitamin is important to your systemic functions.
You simply need to avoid excessive exposure to the sun especially during midday. During midday, the sun emits strong UVB and UVA rays.
You may use the following ways to help keep your skin protected from UVR and reduce the damages evoked by exposure to Ultra violet rays:
1. Sun screen – Sun screen is really a fool-proof method of deflecting UV rays. You need to simply find a product that you can use daily. However, not every sun screen products available in the market can safeguard from both UVA and UVB rays. In fact, most of them only protect your dermis from UVB rays. Since UVA rays are the types that facilitate growing older in the skin, you should have good protection from them.
Choose sun screen products which can deflect both UVA and UVB rays. Also choose water-proof sun screen which means you don’t need to re-apply constantly when you find yourself in the beach.
2. Umbrella – Find an umbrella created from vinyl fabric that will protect you from UV rays. They can be more costly than you regular umbrella but this is effective in deflecting UV rays. The other fabrics used in making umbrella only avoid your direct contact with UVR.
3. Anti Aging Moisturizer – This can actually minimize the damages your skin experience when subjected to sunlight. But ensure you use Crème Solaire that will not contain chemical ingredients. Chemical ingredients actually make you photosensitive. They limit your time and energy in the sunshine because skin easily burns under UV radiation.
Look for a moisturizer with additional natural ingredients including CynergyTK, Phytessence Wakame and Nano Lipobelle HEQ10. CynergyTK is surely an ingredient that contains functional keratin. It is a protein utilized by our bodies for collagen production. Phytessence Wakame helps preserve hyaluronic acid. This acid is vital for your lubrication of collagen. Nano Lipobelle HEQ10 is necessary to fight harmful free radicals.
4. Pearl Powder – Ancient Chinese women used pearl powder to reverse damages due to UVR. In fact, it may also help control melanin production to retain skin color. Since your dermis is likely to discolour because omitqh the sun, you require pearl powder.
5. Sleep early – Were you aware that whenever you sleep, the body releases a hormone called melatonin? Melatonin may help reduce the damaging effects of UVR. In addition, it increases your body’s effectiveness against ultraviolet rays.